EnergyOnline
Services

RSS FEED

EnergyOnline.com rss

News

AWEA Issues Fourth Quarter 2019 Market Report

LCG, February 7, 2020--The American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) recently released its new U.S. Wind Industry Fourth Quarter 2019 Market Report. AWEA reports new wind turbine installations have added 5,476 MW of electric generating capacity during the fourth quarter, which results in 2019 installations totaling 9,143 MW. The total installations represent an increase over 2018, but the total for 2019 falls short of total annual installations for 2015 and 2016. In addition to new capacity additions, developers completed 2,500 MW of turbine repowerings for the year.

Read more

Duke Energy Florida Announces New Solar Power Projects

LCG, January 29, 2020--Duke Energy Florida (DEF) Monday announced the locations of its two newest solar power plants that will provide a combined installed capacity of nearly 150 MW. DEF is investing an estimated $1 billion to construct or acquire a total of 700 MW of cost-effective solar power facilities from 2018 through 2022 in Florida, and planning for another 1,500 MW of solar generation through 2028.

Read more

Industry News

CMS in Abu Dhabi Power-Water Plant Deal

LCG, Nov. 20, 2001--Abu Dhabi government officials said this morning that a joint venture between CMS Energy Corp. of the U.S. and International Power plc of Great Britain will join with the Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority in management of a new water and power plant to be built next year in the emirate.

The government Authority will own 60 percent of Shuweihat CMS International Power while the American and British firms will split the remaining 40 percent. The new company, which has been capitalized at 675 million dirhams ($184 million U.S.), will operate and maintain power and desalination operations at the Shuweihat plant for 20 years, the officials said.

The plant will include a natural gas-fuelled 1,500 megawatt power plant and a water desalination facility with a capacity of 100 million imperial gallons (120 million U.S. gallons) per day. Construction on the facility, about 150 miles west of Abu Dhabi city, will start immediately and take a little more than two years.

Copyright © 2020 LCG Consulting. All rights reserved. Terms and Copyright
Generator X
Generation and Transmission Planning and Optimization
UPLAN-NPM
The Locational Marginal Price Model (LMP) Network Power Model
UPLAN-ACE
Day Ahead and Real Time Market Simulation
PowerMax
Day-ahead and real-time portfolio revenue optimization
UPLAN-G
The Gas Procurement and Competitive Analysis System
PLATO
Database of Plants, Loads, Assets, Transmission...
MarketWatch
Annual summary of prices, congestion and important events in ERCOT
CAISO CRR Auctions
Monthly Price and Congestion Forecasting Service