EnergyOnline
Services

RSS FEED

EnergyOnline.com rss

News

EIA Publishes Regional Electricity Supply and Pricing Forecasts Using UPLAN Model

LCG, August 13, 2019--The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) announced that it is revising the presentation and modeling of its forecasts for electricity supply and market hub pricing to better reflect current electricity markets and system operations in the U.S. Beginning with the August 2019 Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO), the new forecasting approach models electricity markets using the UPLAN production cost optimization software developed by LCG Consulting. EIA uses the solution results provided by this proprietary model to develop the STEO forecasts of monthly electricity generation, fuel consumption, and wholesale prices.

Read more

Dominion Energy Virginia Pursues 500 MW of Renewable Projects

LCG, August 8, 2019--Dominion Energy Virginia announced Monday that it is seeking bids for up to 500 MW of renewable capacity in both 2021 and 2022 to increase its clean energy resources. Dominion Energy stated that it is committed to having 3,000 MW of solar and wind in operation or under development in Virginia by 2022. This near-term step is part of an ultimate company commitment to reduce carbon emissions by 80 percent by 2050 across the 18 states it serves.

Read more

Industry News

AES Wins Bid for $720 Million Qatar Cogen Project

LCG, May 25, 2001--AES Corp. said yesterday it has been awarded a contract by the Persian Gulf sheikdom of Qatar to build the Ras Laffan cogeneration power and water desalination project that will produce 750 megawatts of power and 40 million imperial gallons of water per day.

AES said it will own 55 percent of the project and assume operating responsibility. The remaining 45 percent interest will be held by the Qatar Government-owned Qatar Petroleum and the Qatar Electric and Water Co., along with the Gulf Cooperation Council-owned Gulf Investment Corp.

Output from the plant will be sold to the state-owned electric and water distribution organization, Kahramma, under a long-term agreement. Natural gas to fuel the plant will be provided by Qatar Petroleum, which will also build a facility at Ras Laffan Industrial City for seawater supply.

AES said it will enter into a fixed price, turnkey contract with a consortium of Enel Power and Fisia Italimpianti, both of Italy, to build the power and desalination facility. The company expects the power plant to be fully operational by May 2004, with partial electric deliveries available as early as March 2003.

Copyright © 2019 LCG Consulting. All rights reserved. Terms and Copyright
Generator X
Generation and Transmission Planning and Optimization
UPLAN-NPM
The Locational Marginal Price Model (LMP) Network Power Model
UPLAN-ACE
Day Ahead and Real Time Market Simulation
PowerMax
Day-ahead and real-time portfolio revenue optimization
UPLAN-G
The Gas Procurement and Competitive Analysis System
PLATO
Database of Plants, Loads, Assets, Transmission...
MarketWatch
Annual summary of prices, congestion and important events in ERCOT
CAISO CRR Auctions
Monthly Price and Congestion Forecasting Service